Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales



Since yesterday was Hans Christian Andersen's birthday, I wanted to share James Caraway's illustrations from our 1952, Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales Wonder Book. This little gem contains three of Mr. Andersen's stories, The Emperor's New Clothes, Thumbelina, and The Little Mermaid.


Unfortunately this little book is now falling apart, I love vintage books, but they are sometimes so fragile that you may only get a few reads out of them before reading them becomes the thing that actually destroys them. So I hope you enjoy the illustrations as much as we do......

The Emperor’s New Clothes






Thumbelina






The Little Mermaid






We read a lot of fairy tales in our house, do you?

4 comments:

  1. So much awesomeness! I love fairy tales, I love old Wonder books, I love Hans Christian Andersen. I love how the Andersen on the cover looks like Danny Kaye. ;o) Fairy tales are very popular in our house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danzel, Wonder Books are awesome, it makes me sad that they are out of print. Finding one is a treasure, but they are usually so fragile that we have to be very careful when we read them because they might fall apart. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin had a copy of this very book when she and I were little, and my grandmother read to us from it. Ahhhh, memories. Funny. When I was four, I never realized that the Andersen on the cover looked like Danny Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been searching for this book for a long time. I had a copy of it as a child and wanted to find it again. Can you post the ISBN number of this book shown above? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete