Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pomegranate and Tangerine Play Dough



I don't remember where I saw the recipe for this, but I decided to make cornstarch and soap play dough.

What you'll need:

a bowl
soap (we used Dial brand Pomegranate & Tangerine 7.5 oz bottle)
cornstarch
a tray and toys of choice (this is how we choose to play)


After my son got tired of pumping the soap I took the top off so he could just pour it in the bowl.



We added about equal amount of cornstarch to soap. Maybe a little more cornstarch than soap as my son wanted to add the cornstarch himself.



At this point I took over mixing for my son. The mixture turned into a frosting like consistency, then my son added more cornstarch. It then turned into a dough. It was totally different than play dough. It felt silky like soft toffee without the stickiness. It smelled lovely.

We played for over an hour.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of play dough like this before. We'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the consistancy of it...and it smelled divine... We had a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tangerine???? This looks amazing!! pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I liked this more than regular play dough. I was please with how it turned out! Hope you and Julia are able to try it sometime. Have a great day! Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea. My daughter loves scented things and also loves Playdoh. This look like a surefire hit we will have to try, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca, I hope you girls enjoy it! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete