Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Finding Balance...What is really important....


I can not believe that it is almost the middle of March! It seems like we just celebrated Christmas. Time is flying by for me. St. Patrick's day is a few days away and Easter is not far behind. I haven't even got out the Easter books yet. Yes I know, I am so behind on everything this year. We haven't done any crafts in forever and I feel like such an awful mother.

I am trying to find some kind of balance between working, being a mom, and being a significant other. Trust me, this is a very hard thing to do.

I am so glad I take the time to read aloud to my son. It is the most cherished hour of my day. It is the calm to the storm my life has been weathering. I always know that we will have that precious time together at the end of our day.

I know that there are parents like me out there with the same dilemma of trying to balance it all and make it all work. Trying to be the best at work, and the best at home. Sometimes things have to take a backseat. Please don't let it be our children. They are the most important thing in the world. 

I have been doing three positions at work, and the other day I had to finally tell them that I can't do it all anymore. This was a very hard thing for me to do but the hours are killing me, and more importantly I am missing precious time with my son. Before he was born, work took center stage in my life, but it can't be that way anymore.

I am thankful for the job I have and will work as hard as I always have, but I am even more thankful I get to come home and be a mom. I just needed to remind myself of what is really important.

So no book reviews today, just please spend time with your children. And if you choose to spend that time  giggling over the mishaps of Curious George, or following the adventures of Jack and Annie from the Magic Tree House series, or laughing and crying over the trails and tribulations of Jo March and the lot from Little Women, then know that your time with your child is being well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment