Sunday, November 25, 2012

Vintage Farm Stories, and a day at the Farm


The day after Thanksgiving, we didn't hit any stores, instead, we headed over to my parents house for an afternoon visit. Now let me tell you, my son loves to go to my parents house! They have a huge property with a field, a food garden, fruit trees, three yards, and a flower garden. They also have wild cats, chickens, and three dogs. Needless to say, there is lots to do there!

As always, we had a wonderful time, gathering eggs from the chicken coop, and running around exploring! Sometime soon, I will post more pictures.

I know that most people are starting to post about all things Christmas... but I want to hold off, at least until later this week, as, I am sure, we will be seeing a whole lot of things that are Christmas! Oh, and we didn't totally miss out on a big holiday excursion this weekend, because Daddy dragged us out today! At least it wasn't black Friday....and we did get to see the big guy in the red suit....

Anyway, enough rambling. I want to introduce the book of the day.....

This book is so awesome! It was written by K. and B. Jackson, illustrated by Gustaf Tenggren. It contains fifty original stories and poems, some of which are a little quirky (think Margaret Wise Brown, whom we adore), but most are just awesome!









As you can see, this book contains both color and black and white pictures. My copy is a third printing, and pretty fragile. A lot of the bottom pages have been torn, and were loving repaired with tape, which has browned with age. I wanted this book for a long time, and finally found it on Amazon for a fair price.

My hopes are that you find this gem, and read it to your children. In the age of electronics, I think our children need a little bit of old fashioned...

No comments:

Post a Comment