Thursday, November 29, 2012

We Love Christmas...


Sorry for the absence yesterday, I was really sick, but feeling better today. December 1st is on Saturday, and my little guy's third birthday is next Friday! He is going to be three!!! Where did the time go? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was nine months pregnant, uncomfortable, and ready for my son to enter this world.


We saw Santa on Sunday, my son was very nervous, but did splendidly well. He sat on Santa's lap, got his picture taken and got his candy cane. He didn't say a word until daddy helped him off Santa's lap, then he gallantly turned around and said very quickly, " Santa, I want a blue train." Cute right?


As you can see, Sunday was very warm, hence my son wearing shorts while having his picture taken in front of the Christmas tree. I think this is the warmest November that I can remember!

Anyways, I want to tell you about a wonderful Christmas Treasury by Jan Brett. It contains seven of the most lovely written and illustrated Christmas stories. The stories are as follows: The Mitten, The Wild Christmas Reindeer, Trouble with Trolls, The Twelve Days of Christmas, The Hat, Christmas Trolls, and The Night Before Christmas. We usually read this treasury in one sitting, though when my son saw it in the book bin, he asked if we could read The Mitten, which her remembered from last year. It is a huge book, and quite heavy, but that is what makes it so wonderful.


I hope you are able to read this with your little one's this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment