Friday, December 14, 2012

The Gift of Children, The Gift of Love


Words can not even express the sorrow I feel in my heart at the great loss many people experienced today. What can I say? Children are the most wonderful gift in the world, more valuable than silver, more precious than gold. They are given to us to love, and cherish and the loss of any child, well, is beyond devastating.

What can we take from this tragedy? I have pondered this question all day, what good can come out of this evil act? I think we should spend more time with our children, turn off the television, talk to them, play with them, teach them right from wrong, hug them, kiss them, snuggle them to sleep every night. We should teach them to give and to share, and most of all, teach them to love. Every second is a gift, how will you spend it?

I was thinking what book I could share with you tonight to express a mother's love for her child. I browsed through our bookshelves until I found the perfect book.



"You are my angel, my darling, my star...and my love will find you, wherever you are."

From the most beautiful book Wherever You Are my love will find you, by Nancy Tillman.




No comments:

Post a Comment