Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter Solstice 2012


Happy Winter Solstice! I hope everyone had a wonderful day! I spent the day with my family at a local train park. It was such a gorgeous day, with the most beautiful blue skies. I will share more pictures from our day with you tomorrow.


My poor little guy is sick, so after the train park we had lunch, stopped at the library, then came back home.


We spent the rest of our day hanging out together.


Since it rarely ever snows where I live, and we didn't make it to the snow today due to my son being sick. I only have blue skies, orange flowers, brown mountains, and a beautiful book to share with you on this first day of winter.


Do Rabbits Have Christmas is a collection of poems by Aileen Fisher, illustrated by Sarah Fox Davies. We love Aileen Fisher, and have quite a few books in our collection that she has written. Sarah Fox Davies illustrations are beautiful.

From: Do Rabbits Have Christmas, illustration done by Sarah Fox Davies
This book contains a collection of nature poems written by Aileen Fisher between 1946 and 1991. All the poems in this book are either about winter or Christmas. They are all so simple, but very lovely. I will leave you tonight with one of the poems from this wonderful book.

First Snow

When autumn stills
the crickets
and yellow leaves turn brown,
I wonder what
a Mouseling thinks
as snow starts falling down,
and petal
after petal
goes trickling down his nose
and there's
a strange, cold tickle
between his slender toes?

No comments:

Post a Comment